Steady Scout is designed to be incorporated into the BHA to improve drilling performance and extend bit life by reducing the peak RPMs that are experienced during stick-slip. It reacts to changes in the internal drill string pressure to keep a consistent weight and pressure. This increases the time with bit-on-bottom for a consistent depth of cut, leading to a smoother wellbore.
- Designed to run in conjunction with a PDC bit and positive displacement motor in conventional or Rotary Steerable BHAs
- All well profiles (vertical, tangent, curve and lateral)
- Reduced NPT
- Reduced shock and vibration
- Improved ROP in rotary and slide modes
- Extended bit life
- Enhanced tool face control
- Also extends the life of the Power Section and MWD tool
CuBIC° drilling dynamics sensors are embedded within Steady Scout for post-run performance verification. See CuBIC under product offerings.