Drilling Dynamics Data Recorders
CuBIC® compact drilling dynamics data recorder from Sanvean Technologies is designed to be embedded into existing drilling tools at any point within the BHA to provide shock, vibration, RPM, and temperature measurements without adding additional length or connections.
With multiple wells now being drilled from one pad, and multiple pads in close proximity, the data gathered from CuBIC embedded drilling dynamics sensors can be used
for optimizing drilling parameters, BHAs, and bits through various formations. Merged downhole and surface measurements enhance the post-run decision-making process by giving an actual account of downhole drilling conditions (these downhole drilling dynamic conditions cannot be precisely evaluated and quantified from surface measurements only).
This information can lead to the generation of precise roadmaps to allow the operator a full understanding of the drilling dynamics being experienced downhole. The level of detail recorded at the embedded sensor is far superior to the drill string feedback measured at surface from the rig acquisition system. Additionally, drilling dynamics sensor data can be used for “mapping” the field, condition-based monitoring of downhole equipment, and post-mortem analysis of downhole failures.
- Cost-effective design for utilization on every well
- Drilling tool failure root cause identification
- Bit MSE and UCS computation using “at-point” downhole measurements
- Identification of high-frequency torsional oscillations
- String and at-bit carrier-sub options available
- Compact and rugged design
- 3-Axis lateral, axis and torsional vibration movements
- Provides at-point measurements at the point-of-interest within BHA and bit (i.e. at-bit and above motor power section) in all hole sizes, including slim-hole
- Mounted on the outside diameter of equipment to measure actual accelerations that can influence drilling efficiency and equipment damages
- Simple and easy-to-read data output report allows for quick decisions on parameters or BHA changes
- High-temperature version (175°C/347°F)
- Cost-effective for use in every bit and BHA
- No additional BHA length or BHA connections. No added risks.
- Can be embedded into existing BHA tools and bits
- Automatic trigger on/off with RPM on/off - no additional personnel required
- Fast memory download for rapid data delivery and turn-around times
- Aids in the generation of precise parameter road maps to improve drilling efficiencies and reduce well costs