Compound Angle Mud Motor
CAM SCOUT® is a patented compound angle motor that incorporates an internal tilted mandrel with a traditional low external bend housing to achieve high build rates. The external bend assists with steerability and toolface control while allowing the drill string to rotate at very high speeds.Utilizing advanced bearing technology, and new manufacturing techniques, CAM SCOUT was designed for vertical, curve, and lateral shale drilling applications. Various bend angles and stabilization options allow CAM SCOUT to be configured specifically for the intended application or hole section.
CAM SCOUT is also embedded with CuBIC® sensors from Sanvean Technologies, to record lateral and axial shock and vibration, string and bit RPM, and temperature above and below the motor. And they also map drilling dynamics response in different formations.
- High-dogleg capability
- High-surface RPM capability
- Can go from drilling the curve to drilling the lateral
- Neutral rotary build/drop tendency
- Built on proven bearing technology and driveline components
- Improved borehole quality
- Reduced vibration
- CuBIC embedded sensors add no additional length or connections to the motor and can be used for Condition-Based Monitoring and to enhance performance
- CuBIC eliminates anecdotal and opinionated decisions – make decisions based on downhole facts