Turbo Scout® DS
Turbo Scout®DS Steerable Motor Technology
At Turbo Drill Industries, we design motors that rise to the challenge. Our Turbo Scout drilling motors, available through Scout Downhole, have established a solid reputation in North America shale drilling for strength and reliability. They are reliable because they have been designed mechanically stronger than your average drilling motor, enabling them to handle higher torque and increased WOB.
The Turbo Scout DS motor incorporates a second touchpoint to the wellbore to assist with steering in conventional drilling. The bearing assembly can be selected based on the drilling application utilizing an innovative inter-changeable bottom-end platform. Diamond Mud Lubricated, Ball & Race Mud Lubricated and Oil Sealed variants are available. TDI motor technology is patent protected.
Turbo Scout motors are OEM compatible for all configurations, and motor component parts can be customized for your specific needs. Because they are designed and manufactured in-house, it enables cradle to grave traceability on all parts. Motors are engineered, built, and serviced at the same facility.
- Decreased fix-bend angles
- Can be used with Oil-Sealed, Diamond Mud Lubricated, and Ball and Race Mud Lubricated motors
- Stabilizer sizes are customized for specific applications
- Can be embedded with CuBIC® Drilling Dynamics Data Recorders
- Patented high torque drive lines, single articulated
- Mandrel catch included in all TDI motors
- Robust and reliable through long-life radial and thrust bearings
- Stress relief to external components reduces stress at threaded connections
- Decreased slide percentages in lateral section
- Increased ROP
- Higher build rates with lower bend motors
- Increased RPM capabilities due to reduced bend
- More in-gauge wellbore
- Designed to reduce bending stress on BHA
- Interchangeable bottom-end platform
- Optimized bit-to-bend length and stabilization
- Increased WOB
- Increased reliability
- Reduced NPT